Saturday 17 November 2012

Maison Martin Margiela and H&M - Get da look (Part 1)


                                                                                                                                                                                     



For many it was like the heavens came down when the exclusive label Maison Martin Margiela collaborated with the well known high street store - H&M. To be honest I knew little about this designer until I heard about this alliance and once I did my research I was able to fully understand everyone's excitement.

Maison Martin Margiela is a high end label which produces quirky yet sophisticated designs like handbags shaped as gloves, half dresses half suits and ridiculously oversized coats - but even the guardian itself quoted 'its not for the uninitiated' therefore I have learnt to love it either way.

This new collection, which was released online and in selected H&M stores 2 days ago, means that the usually highly expensive garments from the designer come as cheap as £20! Although some of the designs may appear rather odd, I have to admit that I have fallen head over heels for them. Therefore I am going to do a 3 part 'Get da look' stream of posts about this collection where I will highlight some of my favourite items and briefly state what I love about them and how you could style them up!

Bring it on.....




To commence, I started of with one of the most basic designs in the collection a 'wide, sleeveless circle shirt with a button-down collar and a breast pocket'. Nevertheless despite its simplicity this shirt has a lot of potential....




1


Peplum Skirt - River Island
Steve Madden Shoes - TK maxx
Croc Frame Crossbody Bag - TopShop
Mother of Pearl Earrings - Xquisitize

In this outfit its the accessories that bring out the colour with the nude Steve madden shoes with black quilted tips, a brown crocodile skin imitating bag and simple pearl earrings.
Do you remember the peplum look post I made not too long ago? Well I guess I still have the peplum fever because I instantly knew to pair this shirt with the black detailed midi skirt above, and I love it!
The outfit is sophisticated and perfect for a special event or occasion and can be improved with a nice fashion scarf that would agree with the colour scheme. 

2

Khaki Trousers - River Island
Lace up Worker Boots - Asos
Green Love bracelet - Xquisitize
Earrings - Aldo
Pink Watch - Aldo

I absolutely adoorrreee this outfit and I'm willing to buy every single piece of this outfit right this second! The outfit has a military look to it and displays just one of the many different ways you can style this shirt. The earrings, bracelet and watch gives a feminine touch to the outfit whilst the khaki pants and lace up boots give a tough look to the ensemble. LOVE IT! Moreover I'd advise not to tuck the shirt into the trousers, leave it out, let it be free!

Two great looks with one great shirt,
What do you think of them? Do you have any other ideas of how to style this shirt?
If so make a comment and keep an eye for the posts to come.....

But for now -
Part 1 complete!

Good night and God bless
xx Angel xx

No comments:

Post a Comment